Sunday, March 20, 2011

Review Of: This Side Of The Grave by Jeaniene Frost


Danger waits on both sides of the grave. . .

Half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her vampire husband Bones have fought for their lives, as well as for their relationship. But just when they've triumphed over the latest battle, Cat's new and unexpected abilities threaten to upset a long-standing balance.

With the mysterious disappearance of vampires, rumors abound that a species war is brewing. A zealot is inciting tensions between the vampires and ghouls, and if these two powerful groups clash, innocent mortals could become collateral damage. Now Cat and Bones are forced to seek help from a dangerous ''ally''--the ghoul queen of New Orleans herself. But the price of her assistance may prove more treacherous than even the threat of a supernatural war--to say nothing of the repercussions Cat never imagined.


My Review:

Cat and Bones are at it again and this time Cat is forced to drink blood from no other than the Mambo Queen herself the infamous Marie Laveau... Cat takes on Marie's powers of calling the dead and boy does it get hairy....
Along with Mencheres, Vlad himself and the whole familiar crew they face the challenge gallantly. However it amazes me that while ghouls are pursuing they still find time to pause for the horizontal mambo. don't get me wrong it wasn't so long ago I was trying out the Kama Sutra especially that one on page.....ooops TMI...Give me a break not while ghouls are on your tail. Survival 101 keep all body parts inside your clothing when being pursued by ghouls, they don't just nibble... they consume people.....I think I will give this one 3 croaks...


The Series:

Night Huntress
1. Halfway to the Grave (2007)
2. One Foot in the Grave (2008)
3. At Grave's End (2009)
4. Destined for an Early Grave (2009)
5. This Side of the Grave (2011)
6. One Grave at a Time (2011)


B.

1 comment:

Michelle Greathouse said...

Mama,

I am so glad I was not in the middle of eating or drinking anything while reading this review. I may have choked to death.

As a matter of fact I may need a drink now. Good grief woman. Are you trying to kill me?

Nice review though. ROFL

M