Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Review Of I Am Number Four : By Pittacus Lore






Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books - but we are real.


Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. we have lived among you without you knowing.


But they know.


They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.


I am Number Four.


I am next. 

My Review:

His name is John smith before that he was Daniel and he will have many more names after this.He is on the run and has been since landing on Earth at the age of three.He is an alien from the planet Lorien, similar to earth, which was destroyed by an evil race known as the Mogadorians. 

Nine children and their keepers escaped the day their planet was destroyed They are the only hope of returning and rebuilding their planet one day.Three have been found and killed, John is number four.

They move to a small rural town called Paradise Ohio, but Henri , John's keeper who is more like a father to him, reminds him he must always be ready to leave at a moments notice.
John finally makes a friend and falls in love with a beautiful girl.Events unfold which John has no control over, he comes in to some of his powers, number six finds them, the Mogadorians show up and all hell breaks loose.....

I highly recommend this book, it is very well written and although some may consider it more a YA book,I feel it is a book which will be enjoyed by all ages....I give this one 4 croaks...








About Pittacus Lore
Pittacus Lore is Lorien's ruling Elder. He has been on Earth for the last twelve years, preparing for the war that will decide Earth's fate. His whereabouts are unknown.Below are  books written by Pittacus Lore:




Lorien Legacies
1. I Am Number Four (2010)
2. The Power of Six (2011)
I Am Number FourThe Power of Six




B.
 

3 comments:

Anna said...

Great review! I seen the movie last week and loved it. Looking forward to reading the book, but I'm holding out for the paperback.

:)

Michelle Greathouse said...

I can't wait to read this one. :) B said the movie was amazing - can't wait to see it either.

M

Unknown said...

Hi B!

This one is on my list, can't wait to take a peek! I'm wanting to see the movie too.

Glad you enjoyed it Anna!!

Dottie :)