Friday, April 8, 2011

Monday Morning Flash Fiction Challenge Week #34

C over at Romance Book Wyrm and Dottie over at Tink's Place have come up with the idea for a Monday Morning Flash Fiction challenge. Each Monday a new picture prompt will be posted and if you choose to participate - you post your story on Friday - 350 words, give or take.  


Here is picture prompt#34:


                               

                                 Revenge


                        By Brenda Sessoms



As I lay here amongst the rocks and skulls I realize I am dying, soon my journey will be over.


My name is Knolla and this is my story, I was the only child of Draga and Porshava Hadilaga leader of the Shiringy tribe of the north.


My father and mother were kind and generous people and were loved by many. However father was a fierce warrior and had many enemies.

One of those was Krakia of the Sheelu of the east once my father's best friend but now a sworn enemy. Scorned by my mother as a husband he vowed revenge on my father .

I was sleeping the night they came and slaughtered our whole village including my parents, they left me dying, but I cried out to our gods for revenge and swore to kill all those responsible.


I lived and for many years I have done nothing but kill, I had no desire for love no hope for tomorrow only one thing burned in my heart and soul and that was to kill the man who ordered the slaughter of my family and tribe.

I had lovers but never anything more than a physical release, how can you love when all that fills you is hate?

Finally we had defeated his tribe and I now faced him.  He fought well but I was better. As he looked at me with those hate filled eyes he shouted "Who the hell are you?" I responded,"I am Knolla daughter of Draga and Porshava Hadilaga and this night you die.

He laughed as he lunged at me, and the dance of death began. He cut me many times but I felt nothing and then my opening came , as I shoved my sword into his belly I twisted and saw the blood spurt from his mouth, he smiled as he died. 

Now it is finally over.... 

The End

Word Count:313


This one is a little short but I waited to the last minute to write it..

B.

2 comments:

Michelle Greathouse said...

I love it! YaY violence!

M

Blodeuedd said...

Good for her! She finally got her revenge